Whilst Brenzett is a busy transport hub, being at the crossroads of the A2070 road to Ashford and the A259 to Hastings and Folkestone, it has surrendered its public house [Fleur de Lis} and Post Office but retains a petrol station, school and transport cafe.
The parish church is dedicated to St Eanswith and is located on the road to Brenzett Green, a remnant of the original A2070 to Hamstreet and Ashford which was rebuilt entirely in the 1990s.
Brenzett has its own primary school, the Brenzett CEP School Primary School. The school has served the local community since 1851. As a Voluntary Controlled Church of England Primary School its links with the Church are fostered and form part of its ethos.
Romney Marsh Wartime Collection
For more information, please visit the Brenzett Primary School website.
Brenzett is the home to the Romney Marsh Wartime Collection that as well as exhibiting the remains of various World War II combat aircraft that have been excavated from the surrounding marshland also includes a de Havilland Vampire T.11 and an English Electric Canberra B.2 on display in the museum grounds.
Brenzett was also the site of a Royal Air Force Advanced Landing Ground [ALG] airfield during the Second World War, RAF Brenzett, at one time operating North American Mustang IIIs. Find out more on our Invasion Coast page.
St Eanswith Church